SPRING ESSENTIALS COOKING CLASS - (SATURDAYS 2PM-5PM)
Join celebrity chef taste maker and Gastronauts Academy founder Danny Boome for his Spring residency at the New York Wine & Culinary Center, highlighting the very best the State of New York has to offer the food world today!
The Spring Essentials Cooking Class is the ultimate foodie afternoon, designed to on-ramp wannabe foodies into the heart of what is seasonal and happening in State of New York’s food and drink epicenter! We’ll guide you through cooking a diverse six-dish seasonal menu inspired by the region’s best produce to deliver a fresh and seasonal twist on international classic dishes. Each course has been carefully paired with the area’s best wine, craft beer, spirits and coffee roasters, that have launched the food and drink revolution in Western New York.
The Spring Essentials Cooking Class is a fun-filled taste adventure. This class is perfect for cooks of all levels—especially those looking to make new friends or get away with old friends, bond with colleagues or have a momentous bachelor or bachelorette adventure!
About Your Teacher:
Danny Boome, the Gastronauts Academy Culinary Director and Founder, is an internationally renowned food and drink educator that has built a brand on empowering wannabe foodies by inspiring them to take the leap of faith in the kitchen. Danny fills students with confidence by translating the technical aspects of food and drink into easy to understand steps and common sense knowledge.
Danny is best known to foodies for hosting hit TV shows on Food Network (Rescue Chef & Donut Showdown) and ABC daytime (The Chew & Recipe Rehab) In 2015, he was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Culinary Host by the National Academy of Arts and Science, which recognizes excellence in the television industry for his work a host of Good Food America on ZLiving Network, a prominent leader of digital health and wellness programming. Additionally, Sierra Magazine selected him as one of the nine chefs changing the world.
Over the past decade Danny has built his brand in the U.S. and across the globe, becoming well known to audiences and class rooms for his culinary work and dynamic personality. He now brings his infectious energy and wealth of knowledge and to the New York Wine & Culinary Center!
What the class covers
- Cooking lessons covering 6 dishes
- Wine & Beer paired with seasonal menu
What can be added
- Round trip transfers to and from Rochester to Canandaigua NY. Pick-up & drop-off from Rochester NY (Glen Edith Coffee, Elton St. location)
- All instruction
- All Food & Drink
- Workwear: Aprons
- All external food & drink outside the class time
Good to Know
- Round trip transfers to and from Rochester (Glen Edith Coffee, Elton St. location) to Canandaigua NY (NYWCC). Pick-up leaves at 1pm, & drop-off, traffic permitting, by 6:30pm.
- As this event involves alcohol, we recommend that you either travel with or arrange a ride with a designated driver. Let’s be safe! If you can’t drive, the event staff or the party host can arrange you taxi service to take you home, at your own expense.
- Please specify if you have any food allergies.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to lesson for check-in, introductions and safety briefing.
- Class Starts @ 2pm sharp.
- Classes are a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24
- High-ratio of staff for each cooking session