Mixology 101 Tuesday 7:00 - 9:00PM
Gastronauts—get ready! Mixology 101 is like AP Chemistry for those who want to turn water into GOLD! Mixology 101 teaches you the finer points of three core spirits, how to infuse flavor into both alcohol and simple syrup and at the end of the class you will be challenged to create your own cocktail from the Gastronaut mixer bar and present it to the class for tasting.
About Your Teacher: Luc Thiers, the Gastronauts Academy Program Director of Spirits & Mixology, is a brand ambassador for Black Button Distilling & Fees Brothers Bitters, he is a Cocktail Historian and Master Mixologist, that has dedicated his life to the pursuit of the perfect drink! His dryer than vermouth wit and charm, blended with his professor like knowledge for all things distilled, infused and poured will leave you thirsty for more!
Location: Black Button Distilling, 85 Railroad St, Rochester, NY 14609
What the course covers
- History of classic cocktails
- Tasting 3 varieties of spirits
- Tasting 3 varieties of classic cocktails
- Infusion (Creation)
- Infusion (Use)
- Mixer Bar
- Broad spectrum of cocktail making methods and techniques
- All instruction
- All food & drink
- All tours & excursions
- All learning materials & equipment
Good to Know
- As this class involves alcohol, we recommend that you either travel with or arrange a ride with a designated driver. If you are unfit to drive, the event staff can arrange you taxi / car service to take you home.
- Classes are a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24 participants
- Classes are Monday 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Disability assistance is available upon request