DEVOUR DAY: FLX (FINGER LAKES, NY 2017)
DEVOUR DAY: FLX is the ultimate foodie day out, designed to on ramp wannabe foodies into the heart of what is seasonal and happening in State of New York’s food and drink epicenter!
Our partners at Crush Beer & Wine Tours guide you around 2 of the area’s leading wineries, starting your day with tastings, beautiful views and lunch. After your winery tour you will join celebrity chef, taste maker and Gastronauts Academy founder Danny Boome for a cooking class at the New York Wine & Culinary Center in Canandaigua NY, highlighting the very best the State of New York has to offer the food world today! Danny will walk you through cooking a diverse 6 dish seasonal menu inspired by the region’s best produce delivering a fresh and seasonal twist on international classic dishes, that have been carefully paired with the area’s best wine and craft beer, that have launched the food and drink revolution in Western New York.
DEVOUR DAY: FLX is a fun filled taste adventure, this day out is perfect for those looking to make new friends or get away with old friends, bond with colleagues or have a momentous bachelor or bachelorette adventure!
What they are saying about the Finger Lakes region !
“Perhaps we spoke too soon when we named the Finger Lakes the most underrated place in New York. This southern region of the Empire State is like an SEC football team to sommeliers (that is, a powerhouse), it deserves to be in everyone's top five. "There are a lot of up-and-coming wineries there," says Toral, "and better restaurants keep opening, as well." In fact, since the region started blowing up a few years ago, there are now over 100 wineries in the area. And the best part? It hasn't been overtaken by tourists and developers yet” ----Thrillist Travel (Best U.S. wine regions to visit, Finger Lakes voted #1!)
About Your Guide & Teacher:
Crush Beer & Wine Tours are rated the number one tour operator by TripAdvisor for the Rochester & Finger Lakes region, leading the competition in food & wine tours for the past five years. Russell Russo, Owner & Operator of Crush Beer & Wine Tours, and his team are the architects of developing the wine trails, that have been voted America’s number one wine region by Thrillist.com, Wine Enthusiast Magazine & Tripping.com in 2015-16.
Danny Boome, the Gastronauts Academy Culinary Director and Founder, is an internationally renowned food and drink educator that has built a brand on empowering wannabe foodies by inspiring them to take the leap of faith in the kitchen. Danny fills students with confidence by translating the technical aspects of food and drink into easy to understand steps and common sense knowledge.
Danny is best known to foodies for hosting hit TV shows on Food Network (Rescue Chef & Donut Showdown) and ABC daytime (The Chew & Recipe Rehab) In 2015, he was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Culinary Host by the National Academy of Arts and Science, which recognizes excellence in the television industry for his work a host of Good Food America on ZLiving Network, a prominent leader of digital health and wellness programming. Additionally, Sierra Magazine selected him as one of the nine chefs changing the world.
Over the past decade Danny has built his brand in the U.S. and across the globe, becoming well known to audiences and class rooms for his culinary work and dynamic personality. He now brings his infectious energy and wealth of knowledge and to the New York Wine & Culinary Center!
NYWCC MAP 800 S Main St, Canandaigua, NY 14424
What can be added
- Round- trip transfers to and from Rochester to Canandaigua NY. Pick-up & drop-off from Rochester NY (Glen Edith Coffee, Elton St. location)
- Breakfast is included with your round -trip Transfer. Any (1) drink & (1) pastry, carry-out breakfast from Glen Edith Coffee Roasters (Elton St. location)
Glen Edith MAP 44 Elton St, Rochester, NY 14607
- All transfers from designated pick up / drop off location
- Lunch with beverage
- All instruction
- All Food & Drink
- Wine & Beer paired with seasonal menu
- All Tours & Excursions
- Workwear (Apron)
What’s not Included
- Transfers from outside Rochester
- All external food & drink outside the class / tour times
Good to know
- Please specify if you have any food allergies.
- Each participant must agree to terms and conditions before attending.
- Round- trip transfers to and from Rochester (Glen Edith Coffee, Elton St. location) to Canandaigua NY (NYWCC). Pick-up leaves at 9am, & drop-off, traffic permitting, by 6:30pm.
- As this event involves alcohol, we recommend that you either travel with or arrange a ride with a designated driver. Let’s be safe! If you can’t drive, the event staff or the party host can arrange you taxi service to take you home, at your own expense.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to lesson for check-in, introductions and safety briefing.
- Class Starts @ 2pm sharp.
- Classes are a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24
- High-ratio of staff for each cooking session