Espresso & Latte Art Sunday 7:00 - 9:00PM
Have you ever looked at your latté or cappuccino and thought, how the hell do they make those amazing patterns and swirls? Espresso & Coffee Art is a two-hour class, breaking down what has become the foundation of coffee house culture and guides you through the complexities of your favorite café’s menu. We’ll help you understand the defining rules of espresso, milk science, latte art and give you the skills to go home and create amazing coffees that will have the neighborhood hipsters lining up around the corner to try!
About Your Teacher: Sapphire Courchaine, the Gastronauts Academy Program Director of Baristing & Coffee, has been developing her craft for over a decade. As a certified level 2 SCA Barista and Glen Edith Coffee Roasters, Director of Coffee, her knowledge and skills represent Rochester and New York in international and nation coffee / latte art competition. She is, if not the best, one of the best Barista’s and people you’ll ever meet or learn from.
Location: Glen Edith Coffee Roasters 23 Somerton St, Rochester, NY 14607
What the course covers
- History of Espresso
- Tour of Roastery
- Cupping / Tasting
- Milk Science
- Broad spectrum of brewing methods and techniques
- Latte art / demonstration and practical
- All instruction
- All food & drink
- All tours & excursions
- All learning materials & equipment
Good to Know
- This class is developed around the education and tasting of coffee. Tasting volumes are 3oz per cup, so on average you will have one full cup (12oz-16oz) of coffee per class—so the buzz won’t keep you up all night.
- Classes are a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24 participants
- Classes are Sunday 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Disability assistance is available upon request